Certified Synthetic Auxin Applicator Training 2019
Open Enrollment begins January 2020.
Attention pesticide companies: If you need to enroll several employees in this course, your employees will have to register separately in their own name and using a unique email address. Separate registration is required for certification and Missouri Department of Agriculture recognition of course completion.
This self-paced, online course is intended for pesticide applicators and examines best management practices to ensure proper application of synthetic auxin herbicides such as 2,4-D and dicamba. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to obtain a training certificate that will be required in order to purchase any of the approved dicamba products: Engenia, XtendiMax, or FeXapan.
This self-paced online course, intended for pesticide applicators, examines best management practices to ensure proper application of synthetic auxin herbicides, such as 2,4-D and dicamba. This course contains three short modules that you take at your own pace. You must obtain a score of at least 80 percent on the final quizzes at the end of each module to obtain your certificate of completion. You may work through the modules at your own pace; they do not all have to be completed at the same time. Upon completion of the modules, you will be able to view and print a certificate of completion, which must be presented to buy and apply synthetic auxin products.
What this course covers
Module 1: Essential Background of Synthetic Auxin Herbicides
- The problems from improper application of this class of herbicides
- The differences between Xtend and the dicamba system and 2,4-D and the Enlist system
Module 2: Common Methods of Off-Target Movement of Synthetic Auxin Herbicides
- Three common methods of off-target movement of synthetic auxin herbicides: physical drift, secondary drift, and tank contamination
- Practices to prevent off-target movement
Module 3: Preventing Off-Target Movement with Dicamba
- New federal and state requirements for applying products with dicamba
- The best management practices to ensure proper application