Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers: 2019
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
The 2019 edition of the Midwest Vegetable Production Guide for Commercial Growers is a collaboration of land-grant universities from eight states. It provides vegetable production information that is valid in the participating states for the current year. This includes fertility, variety, cultural, and pest management recommendations.
The participating states are:
- Illinois — University of Illinois Extension
- Indiana — Purdue Extension
- Iowa — Iowa State University Extension and Outreach
- Kansas — Kansas State Research and Extension
- Michigan — Michigan State University Extension
- Minnesota — University of Minnesota Extension
- Missouri — University of Missouri Extension, Lincoln University of Missouri Cooperative Extension and Research
- Ohio — Ohio State University Extension
This annual guide is a summary of currently suggested vegetable varieties, seeding rates, fertilizer rates, weed control, insect control and disease control measures for commercial growers. It provides recommendations for growers in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Ohio.
To order the 2019 version from Purdue University, please visit Midwest Vegetable Production Guide.
- Maturity dates
- Storage life
- Estimated yields per acre