About Nursing Outreach
The MU Sinclair School of Nursing’s Nursing Outreach program is one of the nation’s most respected providers of extended educational resources. We’re here to further your career or institution through relevant, responsive and reliable learning that focuses on incorporating the latest evidence into practice. Our high-quality, affordable learning opportunities are available in multiple formats including in-person and online, for virtually any specialty, practice setting, academic preparation or location.
As part of the University of Missouri Health System and Sinclair College of Nursing, we have all the resources of the state’s flagship university at our fingertips, including the state’s only hospital designed solely for cancer care, advanced trauma care, advanced neonatal care, the only hospital in the region dedicated to orthopedic care and fast care for heart attacks and strokes.
- Nursing Outreach serves a predominantly rural health-care audience with high-quality, affordable continuing education programs using face-to-face, web-based and online delivery methods.
- Nurses from 77 (68 percent) of Missouri’s 114 counties and the city of St. Louis attended continuing education programs sponsored by MU Nursing Outreach in FY2017.
- A full 94 percent of the Missouri participants reside outside the metropolitan St. Louis and Kansas City areas.
- In addition to Missouri, nurses from 25 other states benefitted from MUNO’s educational programs.
- During FY 2017, 1,986 Missourians participated in Nursing Outreach’s own educational programs and another 886 nurses were served through co-sponsored multidisciplinary programs including social workers, nursing home administrators, physicians, psychologists and counselors.
- Participants rate the overall quality of their continuing education experience as 1.3 (4-point scale with 1 being the highest) and indicate specific ways in which they plan to change their clinical practices based on what they learned at Nursing Outreach programs.
- The office received over $559,579 in competitive grants and contracts from external agencies during FY17 and over $2.1 million during the last five years.