Show Me Simple and Healthy Recipes — Taco Salad
The following abstract describes a publication that is intended for print distribution. Please see ordering information for packages of 25 two-page cards on this page. It is also available as a downloadable PDF. Please see the link to the PDF file on this page.
Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Recipe contains ground beef, kidney or chili beans, taco seasoning, water, lettuce, tomato, green onions, cheese and tortilla chips.
- Can quickly be prepared in either 15 or 30 minutes.
- Use low-cost, readily available ingredients.
- Need few ingredients, usually less than 10.
- Use precise and simple measurements.
- Are easy-to-read with clear and few instructions.
- Include appropriate food safety precautions and/or cooking temperature recommendations.
- Contain nutrition analysis (Note: When more than one ingredient option is listed, the nutrition analysis uses the first ingredient listed. Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrition analysis.)
- Have been tested.
- Can be used in nutrition education programs and are appropriate for use when teaching the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- 15 minute
- 30 minute
- Dietary guidelines
- Nutrition education
- Each recipe is available in a package of 25 two-page cards.