Grounds for Gardening Guide Book
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
This book is a compilation of MU Extension publications on topics concerning gardening, home landscaping and houseplants.
The table of contents linked to above was updated in November 2014. A list of new, revised and discontinued guides will be maintained on this page.
To update your binder, go to each publication's page listed below and print the PDF or order a printed copy.
Please discard old versions of guides that have been revised or discontinued, as recommendations may have changed.
- G6515, Lighting Indoor Houseplants (Revisd 6/16)
- G6201, Vegetable Planting Calendar (Revised 3/15)
- M145, Tree and Shrub Pests Around the Home: Symptoms, Signs and Control (Revised 1/16)
These publications were developed or revised between the time the 2012 and the 2015 Grounds for Gardening Guide Books were assembled.
- G1918, Using Pesticides Safely Around the Home and Garden (Revised 10/14)
- G6010, Fruit Spray Schedules for the Homeowner (Revised 8/14)
- G6020, Fire Blight (Revised 8/14)
- G6090, Home Fruit Production: Grape Training (Revised 11/14)
- G6135, Home Fruit Production: Strawberry Cultivars and Their Culture (Revised 12/14) (Note: This guide was revised after the 2015 binders were assembled. It has been inserted in the front pocket of the binders, but the table of contents has not been updated to reflect the new revision date.)
- G6201, Vegetable Planting Calendar (Revised 9/14)
- G6203, Common Diseases in the Home Garden (Revised 10/14)
- G6221, Marketing Vegetables in Missouri (Revised 6/14)
- G6601, Roses: Care After Planting (Revised 10/14)
- G6705, Cool-Season Grasses: Lawn Maintenance Calendar (Revised 8/14)
- G6985, Raised-Bed Gardening (Revised 9/14)
- G7363, Springtails (Revised 6/14)
- G7391, Bees and Wasps (Revised 10/14)
- IPM1020, Turfgrass Insects (Revised 11/14)
- Garden soils
- Hotbeds and coldframes
- Indoor gardening
- Landscape design
- Lawn and turf
- Pests and diseases
- Trees and shrubs
- Trickle irrigation
- Woody ornamentals